Thursday, August 20, 2009

God Speaks to Us Where We Are-Even Through the Phone

I was just sitting here doing my daily bible reading and realized that it is truly a sign of the times that I am reading the bible on my iphone! With the application I am using, it is so easy to change the translation, search, bookmark, read, follow a bible reading plan and have it all at my finger tips. Since I take my phone everywhere, I always have the WORD at my side. It has actually encouraged me to refer to it more, what a blessing! I can pull it out while I am waiting somewhere or when I am a passenger in the car. While many say that technology takes us away from what is important, I have to say that when used correctly, it can be a tool to help us grow in our walk. Never before has the good news been so available and accessible to so many. God is using it to speak love into the lives of those that will listen.

I shared this poem before on the ECM blog awhile ago and will share it again in the context of this post:

Cell Phone vs. the Bible


I wonder what would happen if we treated the bible like we treat our cell phones?
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we turned back when we forgot it?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of an emergency?
What if we upgraded it to get the latest version?
This is something to make you go...hmmmm...where is my bible?
Oh, and one more thing, we don't ever have to worry about our bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill!


So I have found a way not to have my cell phone at odds with the bible, but working together with the word as a tool to help me grow my spiritual walk. God is so good, He will speak to us in so many ways (even through my cell phone!) How great is it that He meets us right where we are?

Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God.
Luke 11:28 NIV

I love this Mercy Me Song. It talks about letting the Word of God speak. Whether it is through your phone, the counsel of another person, a fleeting thought, an act of kindness, traditional bible reading or in deep prayer; take the time to listen to Him, reflecting on His word. He will meet you and speak to you right where you are.

*Please Note*
You must scroll to the bottom of the page to turn off the music before playing the video.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=12c4a453b8134d1fa045954430a857e1